eMerge Americas brought a number of global thought leaders to Miami, FL to discuss how technology and innovation are disrupting industries. The confer
ence serves as a platform to connect entrepreneurs, cutting-edge ideas, and industry leaders and investors across North America, Europe, and Latin America. This year’s event featured a number of entrepreneurs in the network as well as a panel hosted by Endeavor Miami.
The five-day event consisted of a number of networking and tech-focused competitions, workshops and keynotes, including a hackathon, startup showcase, women-focused summit, and more.
Highlights from the Endeavor network during the week include:
– An Endeavor panel on innovation & disruption featuring Endeavor Entrepreneurs Trina Spear (Miami’s FIGS), Gabriel Baños (Argentina’s Flowics) and Gabriel Manjarrez (Mexico’s Mimoni) moderated by Endeavor Miami Managing Director Laura Maydón, which highlighted high-impact entrepreneurship and the power of the Endeavor network. These Endeavor Entrepreneurs shared their experiences innovating in different parts of the world, the challenges of remaining competitive in their industries, management challenges while driving a high-growth business and they way they give-back to their communities.
– Endeavor Miami Entrepreneur Johanna Mikkola of Wyncode Academy announced a partnership with Lynn University. The announcement came one year after Lynn and Wyncode executives participated in the “Disruption of Education” panel at eMerge Americas, during which they identified a collaboration opportunity.
– World Business Radio (WBRN) interviewed Endeavor Miami Managing Director, Laura Maydón, for their “Women in Business” segment about game changing women and exploring the ways in which female entrepreneurs and leaders are transforming the landscape of technology.
– Endeavor Entrepreneur, Emiliano Kargieman, Founder & CEO of Satellogic, shared his insights at a panel on robotics & artificial intelligence: “Unlocking the Full Potential in Latin America”.
– At a panel on healthcare innovation, Endeavor Miami Board Member Maurice R. Ferré, CEO & Chairman of Insightec, talked about the potential of Miami entrepreneurs building companies focused on Digital Healthcare.
– Endeavor Miami Board Member, Matt Haggman, moderated a panel on “How to Find the Next Big Thing” with William Crowder, and Susan Lyne, discussing their mindset in identifying and helping startups grow into successful companies.