Endeavor Bulgaria was established in 2015 with the goal to create a significant impact on the local economy and the vision to nurture a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem which is a catalyst of upward economic growth.
Our aim is to inspire entrepreneurs to dream bigger, scale faster and pay it forward. Hence, we are delighted to present the first local Impact Report highlighting the power of our borderless network of inspiring Entrepreneurs. Take a deeper look at Endeavor’s mission, Catalyst investments, our three programs, and the faces of Endeavor who are shaping our Impact Story 2021-2022.
Highlights and recent milestons that Endeavor Bulgaria reached:
- Since 2015, Endeavor Bulgaria has welcomed 100+ entrepreneurs, leading 50+ companies in three programs: Endeavor’s Global Program, Regional Support Program and Dare to Scale Growth Program. These entrepreneurs have created 2,300+ jobs and generated $ 182M+ in revenues in 2021.
- The local office has screened 1,200+ companies and enlisted the support of 30+ local mentors who play a crucial part on local and global level guiding the entrepreneurs scale their bold ideas to a flourishing businesses.
- Endeavor network members donated 1,300+ hours in mentoring the next generation of high-impact entrepreneurs.
- Within the past decade, Bulgaria’s entrepreneurial ecosystem emerged to a flourishing playground for local and regional actors. A good indication of the ongoing development is the country’s latest ranking as #1 in the Balkans region in the Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2021. Having a business-friendly environment, great geographical location, top tech talent, and a strong digital infrastructure, Bulgaria portrays a vibrant and steadily growing startup ecosystem.
- Bulgaria has also created a strong entrepreneurial infrastructure with a number of successful accelerators and incubators, as well as over 15 active local VC fund managers.
- As part of an international network Endeavor Bulgaria effectively collaborate with our neighboring offices in Greece, Romania and Turkey.