Endeavor has developed a unique platform for jumpstarting high-impact entrepreneurship around the world. The Associate has the opportunity to leave a lasting imprint on the entrepreneurial landscape in Bulgaria.
Position: Junior Associate, Entrepreneur Selection & Growth
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Reports to: Manager, Entrepreneur Selection & Growth
Works with: Members of the local network – staff, mentors, board members, partners, entrepreneurs and candidates; Members of the global network – staff and mentors worldwide
Objective: Support the team in selecting and servicing Bulgaria-based entrepreneurs. Support with Endeavor’s Dare to Scale Growth Program.
Support Endeavor Bulgaria’s Search & Selection Process:
- Proactively screen high-potential entrepreneurs running companies with €1 million – €70 million in annual revenues
- Leverage Endeavor’s network of business leaders, investors and entrepreneurs to build a pipeline of entrepreneur candidates
- Assess companies’ growth potential, challenges, and the entrepreneurial mindset of the founders
- Draft detailed company overviews to be used at the selection process of the candidates
- Prepare and train candidates for the network’s selection panels, manage logistics, and coordinate required calls
- Participate in national and international events as needed
Assist Endeavor Bulgaria’s Entrepreneur Services Process:
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of entrepreneurs, providing them with Endeavor’s services and resources in terms of access to capital, markets, and talent
- Ensure that entrepreneurs are aware of programs and opportunities offered by Endeavor, and proactively suggest relevant services
- Cooperate with Endeavor Global’s NYC headquarters and other Endeavor affiliate offices to provide selected entrepreneurs with additional support and resources
- Support the Manager in any activities related to the successful completion of the local Dare to Scale Growth Program
- Regular monitoring of service delivery, maintaining records of all meetings and processes in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree, with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g. consulting, business development, corporate development, startups, accelerators, or VC’s)
- Strong interest in Endeavor’s mission and global approach
- High ambition with low ego
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Entrepreneurial fast-learner and capacity to achieve significant results with limited resources
- Focused, creative, flexible, organized and able to balance multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen: ability to identify and evaluate the potential of entrepreneurs and companies regardless of industry
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Bulgarian
- Understanding of financial statements
- Knowledge of the economic and business climate in Bulgaria
- Strong computer software proficiency (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
Endeavor Bulgaria offers a competitive base salary, performance bonus and benefits package commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this challenging position and enjoy working with a dynamic team, please apply with your CV and a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with both documents will be considered. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.